Killing Time
Ed had an umpire meeting tonight and then he went out for a beer with an old friend of his who's only in town for today. So, I'm on my own (as usual). At least Abby and I got most of the day with him. We even took a family trip to the grocery store. Woohoo! I've been hitting up Safeway a lot recently. They've been having a lot of good sales (and their in-store coupons rock) and you know I can't pass up a good sale. Since we went during Abby's usual naptime, she got a little impatient toward the end. I decided to just take her outside while Ed got in line at the checkout so she could walk a little. We wound up at the fish store in the shopping center, so she loved that. She was totally fascinated by the fishies and would have happily stayed there for much, much longer. I'll have to remember that one and go back someday. I'll also have to start hitting PetsMart with her so she can look at all the small animals there too.
She does love her animals. We found an animal book in her book bin that I never noticed before. She likes looking at the pictures, but she cracks me up every time we get to a picture of a fish. I point to each picture and name the animal for her and when I say "fish" she always shakes her head "no" and says "uh-uh." I have no idea why she disagrees with me about what a fish is, but it's pretty funny. Maybe it's because we call her Goldfish Crackers "fish." I just don't know. Kitties, on the other hand, she knows very well. She gets so excited too...she'll start bouncing up and down when we get to a picture of one and then she starts to look for "her kitty." And when you ask her what a kitty says, she replies "OW!!" Hehehehehe...
I've been spending my alone time tonight applying for more jobs. There was actually an opening with the library system, so I jumped on that. Perhaps it isn't the ideal library job, but it would be a foot in the door. Working for the library ranks very, very high on my list of ideal jobs (yes, I am a book geek). Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
*crosses all fingers and makes it hard to type*
You should think of getting a little Beta fish for her. They don't require a lot of fuss. I would like to set up an aquarium whenever we do move. Just a small one.
Post a Comment