Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 13, 2007

What the Heck

It may be a little early, but I decided to put up the baby pool because I know that I'd probably forget about it if I waited another week or so. At least the gender is a gimmie (I hope), but you're on your own for the rest. Perhaps I'll come up with a small prize for the winner. Good luck!

Today was an exhausting day. I got to babysit my Claire Bear while Becky went to the dentist (yuck). Becky had put her down for a nap when I got there, but she really didn't want to take it. She "cried" for what seemed like an hour before she finally fell asleep. I managed to get about 6 thank you cards written (in addition to the 20 I did yesterday) before she woke up screaming. So I ran upstairs (or at least, walked up there as fast as my pregnant body would let me) and got her. She wasn't too happy to find out that it wasn't going to be mommy coming to get her, but she calmed down after I took her downstairs and put on her Baby Einstein DVD and started playing with her. Then it was all good...until I had to change her diaper and tried to put a fresh onesie on her. She wasn't having any of that, so she got to be "naked baby" until mommy got home (fresh from getting the first half of a root canal done...again, I say "yuck.").

Now I'm just waiting for Ed to get home from umpiring so we can have dinner. I'm trying to eat well today and tomorrow since I'm going to a birthday party (for a 3-year-old) on Saturday and to my work baby shower on Sunday and I would like to enjoy the food on both those occasions. So, no milkshakes for me today. :( That's usually just my Wednesday post-doctor's-appointment treat anyway. Doesn't mean I don't really want one right now...I just have to resist. At least I have my "light" ice cream treats to tide me over...yum!

No comments: