Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Crazy Weekend

Well, crazy but fun! At least yesterday and today were fun. Friday I had to go into work for a little while (yes, I'm aware I'm on vacation...at least until tomorrow). I even got around to calling about getting in with the pediatrician that was recommended to me. He's accepting new patients AND they take my insurance. Score! They had an opening later that afternoon, so I went in and met with him. He's very nice (and Polish), asked me questions about the pregnancy and told me about the practice. There are seven doctors there, so there's always someone available if you have an emergency...even on a Sunday. I'm all about that. Plus everyone there was very nice...I'm happy with my decision. Now I have to get on the ball and figure out daycare. Blah. Anyone have any ideas about that one for me?

Yesterday we went to B.F.E. for our friends' son's third birthday party. It was outside, but the day was beautiful (or at least I thought so...most everyone else was saying it was a little too cold). They had good food (as usual) and Meg, Val and Don were all there, so we had a lovely time. The only downside was that they had regular cake and ice cream cake and Ed got me the regular cake. You should never deny a pregnant woman ice cream. ;) In his defense, he didn't know there was ice cream cake until too late...oh well. Then Ed and I finished watching the childbirth DVD last night. I'm just happy that he has a better idea of what's going to happen when I go into labor. There wasn't too much that I wasn't already aware of, but I did learn a few things.

Today was my work shower at Carrie's house. Everything was wonderful...great food (yummy brunch-style goodies), lots of nice gifts and good company (it's always fun to hang out with work friends outside of work). Plus a couple of "old school" B&Ners were there, so it was fun to see and hang out with them too. My mom's going to come over tomorrow to go through all my new stuff with me. Personally, I think she just likes to look at the baby things. And, as a bonus, Carrie got me the lamp that goes with my bedding. That was one of the things I really wanted and I was excited to get it. Thanks for everything Care-Bear! :)

Unfortunately, the vacation's over and it's back to work tomorrow. The bright side is that it may only be for a couple more weeks. :) Here's hoping that the doctor comes through and writes me that magical note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome! You know I love you and I was happy to do it. It was fun and I can't wait for Abigail to get here.

Carrie