Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Ahhhh Boo!!!

All of a sudden Abby's become a little parrot. It's very funny. My mom was almost getting her to say "I see you" yesterday. Then today we were playing a peek-a-boo game and I kept saying "ahhhh boo!" and she started trying to say it back. Then Ed got her to say "up" a little after that. She's so much fun. :)

Halloween was pretty uneventful. We decided to put off the trick-or-treating for one more year. It's not like she's eating the candy yet and it's the last thing that Ed and I need. Plus, we're not the most social people in the neighborhood, so it's not like I was dying to go to the neighbors' houses to show her off. Maybe next year we can mooch off of someone else's neighborhood and go trick-or-treating with a friend (or cousin).

My mom did take her to the elementary school yesterday afternoon to see the Halloween parade. She dressed Abby in her kitty cat costume and walked her over in the stroller. She said that Abby had a ball looking at all the kids in their costumes, doing a two-handed wave at everyone and saying "Hi!" constantly. I'm glad she got to have some Halloween fun. :)

Here's the kitty cat pictures:





She was very cute in the costume. I was shocked she kept the hood on without a fight. For the longest time she wouldn't let me put anything on her head and then in the past couple weeks, she all of a sudden doesn't mind. Maybe she realized that it was keeping her head warm in the cold weather. Or maybe she's just a fickle one-year-old. ;)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We take Carter to our church's Trunk or Treat. Next year, we'll meet up and go together if you would like. They don't get tons of candy and they have some games and all to play too.