Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Abby McCrankypants

Abby finally managed to catch the cold that's been going around. I thought she'd get it sooner, since Becky and her family got it last week and then my mom had it when she babysat Abby on Thursday. She was fine until Saturday night when she was restless all night and actually woke up for almost an hour around midnight. Good times. She slept fine on Sunday, but then was a very unpleasant baby at daycare yesterday. She had another rough night last night, so we decided to just keep her home today. I have an event tonight, so I wasn't going in until 1 anyway, so I just took a half sick day and will go in around 4. That way Ed can keep the couple appointments he had today and then take over for the evening shift.

This weekend was nice. Ed's birthday was Friday, so the three of us went out to dinner at Damon's. Abby loved it...she had grilled cheese and apple sauce and had the best time looking around at everything and everyone. Saturday morning Abby and I made the spur of the moment decision to go to Arundel Mills so that Ed could sleep in. We got there an hour before the mall even opened, so we did a lap around the place, had breakfast and then did a little shopping. I got a Christmas gift for my youngest cousin and got Abby a couple of Christmas sleepers that were half-price at the Carters store. We didn't inherit much holiday-themed clothing this year and I have a thing for putting her in Christmas apparel. I picked up a couple of really cute Christmas shirts at Old Navy last week that were on sale 2 for $10 (usually $10.50 each), so that was exciting for me. It's the little things in life.

Ed managed to get a lot done around the house over the weekend. We got some hand-me-down gates from our friends Dave and Deb, so we no longer have to rely on a cardboard box full of Aflac brochures to keep Abby off of the staircase going up to the top floor. He also finally put together the playset that my mom bought her for her birthday. It's really cute. It has a ball pit, a slide and a swing. She loves the ball pit and the swing, but her absolute favorite thing to do is to try to climb up the slide. Oy.

Sunday was my day to sleep in, so Ed and Abby played downstairs all morning. Then we watched the awesome Ravens game and just bummed around all day. Fun!

Hopefully Abby will feel better tomorrow. Our schedules are insane right now, so Abby is actually spending tomorrow night at Ed's parent's house. I have to work late tomorrow and Thursday, and Ed has a late meeting tomorrow, so it was the best solution. At least I'm off on Friday, so we'll get the day together then. Is it January yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sleeping in? what's that?