Wacky Day
I had to go to a work meeting downtown at 5. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to drive downtown? I'm not a big fan of driving period, but it's even worse down there. I get confused and flustered and nervous and it's just bad. Unfortunately, due to baby-related timing, I had to go by myself so I was forced to drive. Luckily it was at the Holiday Inn, so it wasn't too hard to find...but still. Blah.
The meeting was okay. A little dull, but at least I was being paid for it. I had to be out of there as soon as it was over because Ed had to umpire the late games tonight, so I had to get home to take over baby-duty. I had been wondering earlier whether or not the garage there took credit cards, because I never have cash on me. In my rush to get the heck out of there though, I forgot to check. Naturally, as I get to the booth, I notice the sign that said "No Credit Cards."
Argh! Who doesn't take cards in this day and age? Luckily for me, my work peeps happened to amble along at this time, having made a pit stop before heading out to their cars. One of them was awesome enough to lend me some cash so I could get out of there. I have no idea what I would have done otherwise. Stupid, dumb non-credit-card-taking Holiday Inn garage!
Anyway, when I got home I was dismayed to discover that Ed thought it appropriate to let the baby take a **very** late nap. I had to wake her up at 7:40. Good times. She was a little perturbed to be woken up like that, but got over it once I put her in her highchair and put some cheese shreds in front of her. She had cheese, a level 2 "Pineapple Glazed Ham" jar AND an entire Gerber "Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Glazed Carrots" side. That child loves to eat! She ate all that and even drank 3 ounces of formula an hour later before I put her down for the night.
Monday at her Gram's house, she tried zucchini and raw tomato for the first time. She loved both things. The only food that she's tried so far that she hasn't loved are those Gerber fruit dices. I'm pretty sure that's just a texture thing though. She actually got so upset when I put one of those in her mouth that she made herself throw up. Not cool. Sunday was hilarious. I made my famous (in my "circle" anyway) mac and cheese. I took a plate of it outside where we were sitting on a blanket with Meg and Paige and Kathy. I was feeding Abby some of it one noodle at a time. Needless to say, she loved it. After my plate was gone, Meg somehow wound up with Conner's uneaten plate of it, so she started to feed some to Paige. My shameless child sees this, double-time crawls over to Meg and proceeds to perch herself next to Paige on Meg's leg with her mouth wide open. It was absolutely hysterical. And very, very sad at the same time. Oy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Haha, that's so cute! Ethan never has interest in his own food when I'm eating with him.
Abby can perch herself on my leg for food anytime (that I'm eating, that is). I'm happy to share. It was fun!! :)
Post a Comment