C is for Cookie, That's Good Enough For Me!
Sorry, I've been listening to the Sesame Street Platinum CD that I bought for Abby. A lot. Is it wrong to admit that I like it better than she does at this point? No? Good.
Not too much exciting going on this week. We're taking Abby to get her six-month pictures done at Sears today. As much as I like Picture People, I just can't afford to go there every three months for the pictures we want to get done. Although I'm thinking of splurging for her first birthday and getting those pictures done there. In the meantime, Sears has some great deals that I couldn't pass up. I'll get out of there for about $60 with what would have cost me about $100 more at PP. I gotta go with the bargain. Hopefully the pictures will turn out cute enough. :)
I'm pretty sure the baby's in the middle of another growth spurt right now. It seems like she's a little bigger every day. It's crazy, I tell you! As far as food, we'll be trying our last level 1 flavor tomorrow morning: Prunes! Woohoo! So far, she's still liked everything but green beans. She even seemed to like the peas well enough. At least, she ate them without crying or trying to push the spoon away. They didn't seem to particularly thrill her, but at least she tolerated them. I did make a second attempt with the green beans, but got the same result. She just don't like 'em.
In other news, I got my hair chopped on Wednesday. It was getting ridiculously long and I was just sick of it. All I ever did with it was pull it back in a doubled-over ponytail at the nape of my neck so that the baby couldn't grab it. So, I went to Mastercuts at the mall during my lunch break. It ain't fancy, but at least it's not Haircuttery! Anyway, I had great timing (for once) because there was nobody there and the manager took me immediately. I was shampooed, cut, blown dry and back to work before the hour was up. Go me!
The hair is now a little above my shoulders with long layers. He cut so much off that he was able to bundle it up in a ponytail to donate to one of those charities that makes wigs for kids with cancer. So, I also did a good deed. Go me again. He must have asked me twenty times if I was sure I wanted it all cut off. I was like, "Just cut the damned hair already!" But it looks and feels much better now, so I'm happy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I can't wait to see your hair! I bet it looks great!! I'm jealous too... I've always wanted to grow my hair long enough to donate it, but I don't have the patience.
FYI - I've found Penney's even cheaper for pictures. They seem to have more frequent coupons with $3.99 a sheet. Sears is regular $6.99 and recently all I could find was "buy X number of sheets are regular price and get the rest cheaper." Penney's just seems to be better on our wallet. Check them out too.
sorry, that last comment was from me. I forgot to put my name.
We did Penney's last time with Ed's sister. They were okay, but I wasn't crazy about the pictures and it annoys me that I can't get a sheet of 2 5x7's. It's one 5x7 with some wallets and some of those dumb tiny pictures that nobody ever knows what to do with. We're doing the 6 sheets at $7.99 and then anything extra is $2.99 each, plus the coupon I have is also for no sitting fee and a free 10x13. Not too bad...so we're giving them a try. If I don't like them, we'll probably go back to Penney's for the 9-month shots.
Beware the after-effect of the prunes. It can be disastrous. I wouldn't do both tubs in one 24-hour span.
And, yeah, can you post a picture of the hair??? You probably have more of what I was looking for in a hair cut. My hair does not do well if it's all close to the same length. I feel like a poodle most days, so again, it's usually in a pony tail.
I forgot about the 5x7 thing. It annoyed me at first, but we buy at least 3 5x7's (grandparents) and that way we don't have an extra 5x7 and it saves us a sheet of wallets. it's whatever works best for you.
I second that we need hair pics! Sounds cute!
Also, do you need any baby food? I have two plastic bags full of stage 2 fruits and veggies, and a few jars of meat that are looking for a home!
I need a pic too! :)
Oh and good luck with the prunes!! I only gave them to Carter when he needed them for other reasons which only happened a few times. I never gave them to him as his fruit...the diaper blow outs just weren't worth it!
1. i'll post a pic as soon as i get ed to take one.
2. she loved the prunes. no abnormal poopage yet.
3. erin...i'll take whatever you want to give me. i'll even split it with meg. :) thanks!
sweet!!
Post a Comment