Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 07, 2008

Busy Week

Sorry for the slacking this week...it's been busy. Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on my boob problems. Unfortunately, I have come to the sad conclusion that I just have to accept the fact that I am done breastfeeding. I gave her a good five months, but I'm just not producing like I used to. It seems silly to keep trying when we just have to give her a bottle 30 minutes after I finish feeding her because she's still starving. As much as the thought of breastfeeding used to freak me out, I have to admit that I'll miss it. I wouldn't trade the time I spent doing it for all the world.

But at least that means I'll be able to indulge in a cocktail every once in awhile now. And I can have salad again! I didn't think I would miss salad so much, but I do. I guess it's just that fact that I can't have it that makes me want it so much. But, it's a non-issue now. Woohoo.

Right now I'm posting from my mom's house. Abby spent the day here and now we're waiting to go to the funeral parlor to see my BIL's grandmother. She passed a couple days ago and the viewings are today. We're not going to the funeral tomorrow, so we'll stop by for a little while tonight. At least it's right by my house, so I can get the baby home and fed pretty quickly once I leave. At least tomorrow's Saturday, so we don't have to wake her up in the morning...she gets to wake us up instead. ;)

2 comments:

nelly said...

i'm sorry to hear that your BF days are over with abby, but you deserve the applaud as 5 months is fantastic and many people don't last that long. abby has had a wonderful start to life thanks to you and those 5 months.... do not worry =)

Anonymous said...

My how we've grown... BF used to mean "best friend." Funny how things change!