Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Poor Sickie-Poo Baby

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to the sounds of Abby whining into the monitor. Seeing as how my baby usually sleeps through the night with minimal problems, I went to go check on her to make sure she was okay. She was wide awake and still whining, so I picked her up. She felt really hot to me, so I changed her diaper and took her temperature and saw, to my dismay, that she had a 101.7 degree fever. She wasn't really fussing, and her diaper had been dirty so she wasn't constipated or dehydrated, so I gave her some baby Tylenol and rocked her back to sleep.

She woke up again at 6 wanting to eat. I took her temperature again, and it was down to 99.1. So, I nursed her and she went back down pretty quickly. When she woke up again around 8, the fever was back. And so the story has been for the rest of the day up until now. It's up, it's down. It actually went as high as 102.6, but that didn't last long. I just keep giving her the baby Tylenol every four hours or so. Her nose is really runny too, so it's probably just a cold with a fever. She's not too fussy...just gets annoyed when her nose is really running badly. And she's been eating...maybe not as much in one sitting as she normally would, but she's eating a decent amount of small meals. If there were any other weird or scary symptoms, I'd call the doctor, but right now it's just the nose and the fever. I've even gotten her to play and she was laughing at me a couple times, so it can't be too bad.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a long night. She keeps going down because she's sleepy, but she hasn't been staying down for long. Thank goodness we weren't taking her to daycare tomorrow anyway. She can't go if she has a fever. But since my mom has to watch Claire on Friday (and she can't deal with both babies at once), we had already arranged the schedule so my MIL will watch Abby tomorrow and she'll be in daycare on Friday. Funny how things work out sometimes. If she's still sick on Tuesday, my MIL is still off, so she can take her then too. We'll just play that one by ear though. Hopefully Abby will be feeling better way before then. Poor baby. :(

4 comments:

nelly said...

am so sorry to hear abby is sick. she sounds like my boys when they are ill...pretty much ok, but a bit whinny. hope its a short illness!

Erin said...

Sounds like the infamous "weird fever illness" that everyone we know has had. :( Poor baby...

Erin said...

P.S. My mom can't handle Ben and Simon together either. ;) What's with that? ;)

Erin said...

P.S. My mom can't handle Ben and Simon together either. ;) What's with that? ;)