Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yay for Grandma!
My mom is here snuggling with her newest grandchild, so I get to have a little time on the computer. Woohoo! For your viewing enjoyment, here are a few hospital pictures:


I'm still waiting for Ed to download the rest off of our camera, so you'll get more when he gets around to it.
Other than that, things are going okay here. My daughter is just like both of her parents...likes to party all night and sleep all day. Last night she wanted to feed every hour and a half...so by the time I was done feeding, changing, and cuddling her to sleep she was ready to eat again. Good times. Ed's been helping a lot, but I try to do as much as I can by myself in the middle of the night so he can get some sleep. He needs to work during the day and he won't be bringing home much bacon if he's half asleep all the time. At least I can sleep during the day with her. I just keep reminding myself that this stage is temporary.
The breastfeeding was a bit of a challenge at first. The first night at the hospital, being totally out of it, I was really having trouble with it. So they gave me a nipple shield to use and had her in the "football position" for me. She would fuss at the hospital every time she had to latch on, but I had the nurses there to help me (I really miss the nurses). When we got her home, the fussing just got worse. We would have to spend at least 20 minutes each time trying to get her on...with her having a fit each time. Not fun...especially at 3:00 am. We finally decided to try without the shield and with a cradle hold instead, and voila...no problem since. I was just so relieved that I wasn't even mad that the solution was that simple.
At least I know that she's getting enough to eat. The day we left the hospital (the place with the wonderful nurses), her weight was down to 6lbs 14oz from her birth weight of 7lbs 5oz. When we went to the doctor yesterday, it was up to 7lbs 6oz. Hopefully my milk will keep on coming like that. And we're constantly changing her diapers, so that's a good sign too. We like poopy diapers...it means she's getting the jaundice out!
For those who have inquired...I'm home and ready for visitors. Later in the afternoon is usually good...around 3ish. That gives me enough time to catch up on some sleep in the morning and early afternoon. Just give me a call when you'd like to come see us and I'll let you know when a good time is. I'll try to time it so you're not stuck waiting for me to finish feeding her...unless you don't mind looking at my boob. At this point, I barely care who does anymore. Just ask Kathy who made it in time for her feeding last night. ;)
Last, but not least, congratulations to Meg and Tim on the birth of Paige! I can't wait to see her! How cool is it that she and Abby are less than a week apart? Our cookout in the spring will be fun...it's a baby-palooza! Although Meg did sound waaaaaaaaaaaay too chipper on the phone yesterday not long after delivering...that's just not fair! But I'm glad at least one of us had an easy time of it! We're really happy for you guys! :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

She's beautiful! (and btw, she definitely has your eyes!!!) :) Can't wait to see her!

Bitter Mom said...

How about a visit from Aunt Val and Jordan on Friday? And/Or next Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, or even next weekend...Don's away camping, and the daycare person is off half the week next week.

Anywho...any food requests? I make a mean chicken casserole - I'll even make a lower-fat version if requested! ;)

Glad to see grandma got some good cuddle time, and that the BF is going well! I don't mind seeing boobs, either. :)

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!

Mandy said...

Friday is good for us! :)

And low-fat chicken casserole sounds yummy!