Still Freaking Out!
My stupid errands took forever to run today. I figured I could just drop the form I needed filled out for work off at my doctor's office, but they wanted me to wait for him to have a free moment so he could "fill it out with me." So, there was a half-hour right there. Naturally, that was the busiest I've ever seen his office (including the 16-year-old girl in the Catholic school uniform with the sobbing mother...can you guess why she was there?). At least he made me a copy of my chart to take with me tomorrow while I was there, so that was good.
There were still a couple of things I needed for the baby, so I stopped at K-Mart...and being K-Mart, they didn't have one of them. So I just said "screw it" and went to BRU instead. Got what I needed and headed off to the Verizon store to return a charger we bought and had shipped to the house on the word of the salesguy that it was a car charger...it wasn't (but at least the shipping was free). I then realized that I forgot to actually take the charger with me, so I had to run home to get it. There was a crowd at the Verizon store (stupid federal holiday), so there was another half-hour wasted.
My last stop was to the post office to mail off a large envelope of thank-you cards to my co-workers. Yes, I know the post-office is closed, but this one has a nice self-serve station that stays open all the time. Apparently, I'm not the only one who appreciates this service, because I had to wait behind four other people to use it. I finally got home around 1:30 and promptly fell asleep.
At least I made a good chunk of the day go by without thinking of tomorrow. But, now it's on my mind again. I think I'll go finish cleaning the kitchen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
wow! you sound pretty calm for one who is going to be having a baby...tomorrow!!! goodness. it must be interesting knowing that when 'things' are going to happen!! all the best =) hope you sleep well tonight!
Gooooooo baby! Wish I could be there! I'll be thinking about you though. I hope everything goes fast and smooth. Can't wait to meet her when I get back!
Post a Comment