Harry Rules!!!
I broke my streak of reading the Harry Potter books in one day each. :( Sadly, it took my mom and me five hours to get to Atlantic City yesterday. It normally takes about two and a half, but the traffic was horrible...especially in Delaware. From the time we crossed over the Maryland line until we reached New Jersey, traffic just moved at a crawl. Delaware sucks.
I still read like a crazy woman though and finished by about 11 this morning. It was awesome. I won't go into details here because half of you don't care and the other half might not have finished it yet, but I loved it. I've already started to re-read it. My mom totally ruined the end for me though because she was making fun of me for crying. How rude.
As sad as I am that the series is over, I am just as happy that I never have to deal with another release party. What a nightmare. I thought we had a lot of people at the last party, but there were even more this time. It was insane. Most of the people were cool and just happy to be there and getting their book. But then there were the people who didn't understand why THEY had to wait "in that line." Oh so sorry...we weren't aware that we were going to be hosting royalty. We would have made special arrangements for you had we known. Plus I was starting to get cranky because every bone in my body was aching by the end. Oh well...we got out of there by about 2:45 and then went to breakfast at the diner. I got home around 4 and then had to read a couple of chapters to wind down before I went and got my three hours of sleep. ;)
Today, once we got back from AC, Ed and I went to Becky's to pick up some more baby stuff that Scott's cousin gave us and the glider that she sold us (or rather the she sold my mom since she's paying for it). It's a really nice Pottery Barn glider...extremely comfy and large enough to fit my big old butt. Woohoo! ;) We also got a stroller, some clothes, a pack-&-play for my mom's house, and a bunch of other stuff...including some more from my sister. At least I'll have a few more things to take off my registry so I can just have the stuff I really need left.
Tomorrow my mother-in-law is coming over to paint the nursery. Yay! It's supposed to be really cool and nice out tomorrow, so we'll be able to have the windows open to help with the fumes. Hopefully she can get it all done tomorrow because Carrie and I have a date to go see Hairspray on Tuesday. Then I have to go back to work on Wednesday. I thought ahead and made sure I gave myself a few days to recover from the HP madness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Four days and no update...I'm feeling lost! Nothing to read!
Post a Comment