Taking it Easy
It's nice to have a day to just relax. And today is that day. It's 3:00 in the afternoon and I just changed out of my nightgown. Good times. I'm off tomorrow too and I'm not planning on doing anything then either. Tomorrow was the day I originally wanted to schedule my ultrasound (it's the 11th anniversary of the day my dad died, so I wanted to have something happy for my mom to do), but we decided to do it before our party. I had already taken off and just never adjusted my schedule. So a five-day weekend it is. :)
I already picked out the bedding set for Abby's nursery. I've actually had it picked out since I found out I was pregnant. I had my favorite for a girl and my favorite for a boy. This is the winner for the girl. I love it because it's girly without being totally pink (although, judging from my current blog design, I have no problem with pink). Plus, I love purple. :) I want to paint the nursery walls bright yellow...which my mother-in-law actually volunteered to do for us yesterday. She doesn't want me painting and she knows how my husband paints. I'm not going to argue!
I was on e-bay today checking out some of the matching switch plate and outlet covers that Becky found in the bedding design (which she is now including in my shower gift). I guess these home crafters buy licencing rights to the design and create all these different things to match. I even found a ceiling fan that someone painted to go with the theme. I also found these drawer pulls that I bought to put on the old armour that's currently in the room. I was going to get rid of it, but we need more storage space since the closets in my house are tiny. It's an ugly wood laminate right now which I'm going to sand off (yay for Ed's electric sander) and repaint white with purple detailing to match the bedding. Then I'll use the new drawer pulls and voila, a pretty new piece for the nursery. I'll just have to get a tension rod for the top part and then we'll have a little more space to hang clothes.
It's so exciting to know what I'm having. I can't wait to get started on everything. Hopefully we'll get to BRU soon to register. Becky's definitely going with us (since she's giving us a lot of stuff that Claire's outgrown and knows what we'll still need) and Meg would like to go to. Anyone's welcome, as long as Ed gets to play with the scanner. ;) I guess it all depends on when we decide to go. I would definitely prefer to do it during the week to avoid the weekend crowds. I already started the registry online so I could put the bedding accessories on there, since they're not available in-store. D'oh. Oh well, if nobody else gets them for me, my mom already offered to buy them. That's in addition to the crib and glider that she's already told us she's getting. But, that's my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I love the bedding!!! Jordan & I would love to go registering with you, too. During the week is always better to avoid the crowds!
I'm always up for a BRU trip and I ALWAYS can find something to buy. Let me know what day and Too er.. Simon and I will meet you all there!
Sounds like it will be a party!! Jordan's still waiting to meet Simon...
:-)
lol...i might have to do a preliminary trip with you guys. i don't think ed would be too thrilled with the gaggle of girls and babies. but it would be pretty funny. ;)
Have you started checking out all the goodies in Baby Bargains and deciding on what you want? That's how I did everything - researched through baby bargains and online, then registered either online or at the store, but with a good look at everything actually at the store. THEN, I took Becky and Erin around and got their recommendations on things, and deleted anything I needed to online from the registry.
But, what do you possibly need to register for besides the bedding? :-)
You do need to hurry up and register now, because I want to get first dibs on some stuff!! ;-)
Oh believe me...there's still things for me to register for! Clothes are definitely not an issue (what, with four garbage bags full already waiting for the kid), but there's plenty of stuff that Claire won't outgrow for awhile. ;)
I'll settle for coming along on the preliminary trip. We should have lunch at Red Robin or something too... make an event of it! :)
Red Robin...yum! I can't get enough red meat right now!
Post a Comment