My Usual Weight Issues
So I got on the scale this morning for the first time in a few weeks. I've been afraid to because I'm scared to death of gaining too much weight and I felt like I'd been eating a lot. Which is funny because I'm really not. Half the time just thinking of eating anything makes me want to gag. But the other half of the time I can't eat enough. Weird.
Plus I've been having an extra breakfast most mornings. I usually eat a bowl of cereal in the morning before I go to work. But by about 10:00, I'm starving and I start to feel sick until I eat again. Since I'm dumb and too lazy to pack food to take to work with me, I usually end up at the cafe where I buy a Reduced Calorie Orange Juice (a.k.a. watered down juice) and a plain bagel, toasted, with nothing on it. Not horrible, but it's definitely some extra calories most days.
Anyway, so I finally got brave enough to get on the scale this morning, and I've actually lost another 3 1/2 pounds since the last time I weighed in. Not really want I wanted to do either. Hopefully when I finally get to the doctor, I'll get a better idea of how many calories I should be eating everyday. I'm sure that it's fine for right now, but I just want to do what's healthiest for the baby.
I'm trying a breakfast experiment today. Instead of my regular cereal, I'm choking down a cup of yogurt. It's still healthy, but a lot less calories. That way I won't feel so bad about the bagel that I know I'll wind up getting later. My gag reflex isn't cooperating too well though. I usually love yogurt, but I really have to take my time with it today. I'm almost done though, so hooray!
By the way, Lost was very enjoyable last night. I'm happy that they're getting back to at least having little side stories on the beach. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Two things to attempt to ease your mind:
1) The need for an extra breakfast (lunch or dinner) tapers off eventually... probably another three weeks or so. :) I was the queen of four breakfasts when I was pregnant with Ben. Truly, it was scary.
2) The baby will take what it needs (at your expense). So for the moment, don't worry about how much you can or can't eat. Just eat what makes you feel better. (that what my doctors have always told me in the first trimester) I remember reading somewhere that you *really* only need an extra 300 calories a day when you're pregnant. :) I'm sure you are fine!
That will be a $20 copay, please. ;)
have you tried fresh fruit in the mornings? that always helped me with my morning sickness! watermelon and cantelope were wonderful soothers =)
And Lost? Yeah, it was WAYYYY better than the week before. That episode was such a throwaway!!
If it makes you feel any better... I was the queen of snacks at around 10-11 o'clock each day. Mine continued through the 2nd trimester but I did what Erin said... eat what makes you feel good. With Conner it was an apple and a small bag of Cheetos. Eat what feels right.
When I got my appetite back in the second trimester, I was all about two breakfasts - um, the four boxes of Honey Smacks, and the 10-ound-gain-in-one-month proved that. :-)
Fear not, you're doing fine. But get thee to a doctor soon!!
Post a Comment