Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post-Holiday Yuck

Yeah, all three of us are a little under the weather right now. Abby and I seem to only have some nose issues, but Ed's got it the worst. Or maybe he's just the whiniest...could go either way. Today was a no daycare day, so we all just spent the day in our jammies and chilled. Abby wasn't too happy about that because she was dying to go outside, but with the rainy/chilly weather today, that wasn't going to happen even if we were all feeling well.

The holiday was fun. Busy, busy, busy...but fun. We did all the traveling I had already posted about, but with an added Easter Egg Hunt at Becky's that morning. Abby had a great time, although she had no idea what was going on. She just liked the eggs and was happy picking them up and dropping them in the bag I was holding. Becky and Scott went crazy with the eggs...they stuffed and hid about 200 for 4 little ones. The older girls went nuts, but Abby still got about a dozen. Not like she's really into candy right now, so that was fine for her. Next year though, she'll be running around with the rest of them. At least Abby knew what to do by the time we got to Ed's grandmother's house and had the mini egg hunt there. She was so tired by the end of the day, that she totally zonked out in the car.

Friday I took her for her 18-month checkup. My little chunker is still topping the charts with her weight and height. She weighs 28.4 lbs and is 33 1/3 inches...95th percentile for both. That was not a fun doctor's visit at all. I think she remembered the doctor from the last time and was not a happy camper when he came into the room. As soon as she saw him, she had a death grip on me and wouldn't take her head off of my shoulder. When I finally had to detach her from me for the actual examination, she just screamed the entire time. Oy. I felt bad, but it had to be done. She didn't stop until the doctor finally left the room. I'm glad she doesn't have another checkup until she's 2.

We may have to take her back before that though. Her left foot turns in a lot when she walks. Ed and I both had to wear a bar between our feet when we were little because our feet turned in, so poor Abby was doomed from the start. The doctor said that there's still a lot of flexibility in the foot though, so it may adjust itself. We have to be vigilant about not letting her sit on top of her feet, which is her natural way of sitting herself down. When she does, it pushes the foot the wrong way which may be a contributing factor. He said to keep a close eye on it and if the foot doesn't look like it's getting better in a month or two to call him and he'll send her to an orthopedic specialist. Hopefully we can avoid that.

In other news, I finally got an interview. Woohoo! The money's not what I'm hoping for, but I figure I'll go and (1) get an interview under my belt and (2) listen to what they have to say. You never know...the benefits might make up for the lower salary. It never hurts to give it a shot. The interview is next Monday at 10...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think she is taller than Simon. Dang!

Good luck at the interview! :) Crossing my fingers for you!

Brooke said...

Yay for the interview!

Dr. Mike is cool, even if Abby doesn't like him. :) Carter still likes him, but he didn't have to be the one that tortured him as a baby. Maybe that's why. We'll see with Ali.

Good luck next week, I'll be thinking of you.