Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trying to Make a Few Bucks

Desperate times call for desperate measure. Nah...it's not that bad. I've taken to the Internet as a means of earning a little extra cash. Notice the new ads over to the right. The "Search and Win" one is for a site called Swagbucks...you sign up and use it as your search engine and they randomly give you points that you can redeem for gift cards and such. You can sign up here under my "referral" if you're interested.

I've also taken to doing a lot of online surveys. There are quite a few sites out there that give you points for every survey you take and you can use the points to get cash or rewards. I've already racked up enough points on one of the sites to get a $15 check (thanks for the recommendation, Val!). It's not going to make you rich, but every little bit helps. If you're interested in signing up for any, let me know and I'll send you the sites. There's also one called Dollar Surveys that you don't have to do much for. They'll credit your Paypal account $1 for each survey you complete. Again, every little bit helps!

I'm also planning on getting some stuff together later this week to try to sell on Craigslist. It's easier than E-bay...no shipping stuff out and no listing fees. We'll see how that goes. I really should have a yard sale, but they don't seem to go well in my neighborhood. I'll have to have Becky look out for a community yard sale in her neck of the woods so I can mooch off that. They have more money over there. ;) I have several bins of yard sale worthy stuff at my mom's house that I know she really wants out of there. There are a lot of baby consignment events happening around town, but that seems like a lot of work just to split the profits with the company hosting the event. Plus, I do want another baby in a couple of years, so I can't get rid of the baby stuff. Of course, with my luck I'll have a boy and I'll be hanging on to all this girl stuff for nothing. But, if I don't, that would guarantee a girl. I may attend of couple of the events just to see what's there. I need some outside toys for Abby. There's one that starts this weekend at a swim club right by my daycare...although I'll probably wait until the following weekend when they have their 1/2 price sale to stop by.

That's all for now. :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We are planning a yard sale soon too. I'll let you know. My parents made a killing last year at our spot. I'll keep you updated.