Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting Things Done

Wow...it's only 11:00 am and I've managed to get a lot (well, for me it's a lot) done today. Go me! Abby woke up around 7 and we hung out here until 9ish. Then I got her ready for daycare and off we went. It was funny actually...since the weather has finally gotten colder, I put her in her hat and mittens this morning. She spent half of the car ride staring at her hands trying to figure out what the heck she had on them and then spent the second half trying to figure out how to get them off. She cracks me up.

After I dropped her off, I went to Toys R Us to try to buy an Elmo Laptop for the second time. I bought one at Target last month as a Christmas gift for my niece Kaylee. It went upstairs with the rest of the presents I've bought so far. While I was at work on Saturday, Ed decided to open one of the birthday toys that we put away for later for Abby. Guess what he decided to open. Yup, Kaylee's laptop. I could have killed him. Of course, when we went back to Target, they no longer had any. But then I got a 15% off any item coupon in an e-mail for TRU, so I decided to give them a try. They had it, but for $5 more than I bought it for at Target. At least with the coupon it evened out. If anybody didn't get that coupon and would like a copy, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. It's good through the 20th.

After TRU I went to a clothing store in the area and got a sweater that was half price for me. Then I tried the new Aldi (spelling?) grocery store that opened up in Golden Ring. Interesting place. They have some name brand stuff, but it's mostly off-brands. I was told that their milk prices were good, so I really went to get a gallon of whole milk for Abby. I picked up a few other things as well. The prices are definitely low, so that's a plus. The sucky things about it are that they don't accept credit cards and they don't bag for you. But, if it's saving me money, I'll suck it up.

Now I'm killing time until I leave for work in an hour. Blah for work!

4 comments:

Bitter Mom said...

No credit cards? No thank you! All groceries and gas go on credit so I can keep track of it better, and get the rewards points! If I had to pay cash/debit, yikes! I wouldn't know what to do!!!

Brooke said...

Yay for the fun background!!

Anonymous said...

My bank credit card was "potentially compromised" a few months ago and I didn't have access to my bank credit card for about a week. That totally sucked. I can't stand carrying cash! More power to you, Mans.

nelly said...

love your new background!! very festive!
we have aldi's here, but i hardly go as i'd be going with all the boys and stroller and blah blah blah... but they have an interesting mix of stuff. i like finding the unusual stuff that in only there every now and again. but at times they seem to sell something of everything!