Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 13, 2008

So Sleepy

Our schedules are so messed up right now, it's not even funny. But, I'm back to work now, so things should be getting somewhat back to normal. Abby's party on Saturday turned out well. I thought I was going to lose my mind because of all the people in my little house! My living room was overrun with babies and their mommies. It was crazy! But Abby got a lot of fun gifts (she got about five different Elmo toys!) and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The only bummer was that I promised Ed that we would save the cake-cutting until his mom got there...which wasn't until 2 1/2 hours after the party started. So, by the time we got around to it a good chunk of our guests had left. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So, we have a lot of leftover cake. Oh well. I'll post pictures as soon as I remember to bring the camera up here to download them.

I don't know if it was because she didn't get a real dinner on Saturday or what, but Abby woke up at 1:00 am that night and basically didn't go back to sleep until after 3. Oy. We just totally gave up at one point and let her crawl around her room. Finally, we put batteries in her Ocean Wonders Aquarium, which we had just been keeping on the crib so she could play with the rolly toys on the bottom, and she was fascinated enough by it that she didn't even notice when we left the room. She fell asleep soon after it stopped. We were hoping it was just a one time deal, but she woke up again last night. This time, I went in to change her diaper (she has a terrible diaper rash due to a brief bout of diarrhea) and rocked her for a little bit, then put her back down and let her cry it out until she fell asleep. Keep your fingers crossed that she sleeps through the night tonight.

In other fussy baby news, she has also decided that bathtime is evil. I think it's because I decided that she had outgrown the duckie tub and was ready for the real thing. Ever since, she's acted like I was killing her when I put her in the tub. She won't sit, just stands, sobs, and hangs onto me for dear life as I try my best to wash her. Not fun at all. I think I might just blow the duckie tub back up for another couple of months and then try again.

Tomorrow we take her in for her one-year checkup. That should be fun. At least Ed is able to go with us, so that will make it a little less stressful for me. Hopefully I'll have time to post her stats tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm coming over to grab some cake! It looked so good =)

Bitter Mom said...

Stay firm on the tub baths! Get Ed to help...blow bubbles while she's in there, give her new toys, whatever you can to distract her, and she'll get used to it! Even after being in the big bathtub for almost a year, Jordan went through the same screaming bouts in the tub. She's over it now. :)