Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

She's Got her Daddy's Veins

It's a good thing too because mine suck! The blood draw is over and done with. Hooray! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We got there about seven minutes after the place opened and there were already three people ahead of us! Thank goodness we got there when we did. We only had to wait about ten minutes, so that wasn't too bad. At least Abby was in a good mood. When we went in, Ed sat in the chair and held her, while I held her other hand and tried to distract her. She was fine, even when the nurse put the band on her arm, until she grabbed her arm to hold it out. She didn't struggle at all, just cried. It was very sad, but at least the nurse found a vein on the first try and filled both tubes up very quickly. Abby was done crying by the time we got to the car. So, not nearly as traumatic as it could have been. She was happy as can be by the time we got to daycare, which is where she is now. I have a bookfair tonight, so I have to get ready to leave soon. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Chris took Carter for his first lead test. They actually had to turn them away because the nurse couldn't get anything from Carter! We now have to make sure either two of us go or they have two nurses available. I, too, have horrible veins. I hope Carter doesn't inherit that!