Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

12-Month Checkup

Gah...that was fun. Actually, it was fine for the most part. Her appointment was for 8:45, so we got right in without having to wait, which rocked. The traffic getting there sucked, but I think it was a fair trade-off. My little chunkamunk is 25 lbs 7oz, which is the 95th percentile, and she's 31 inches, which is also the 95th percentile. Abby is most definitely "so big!"

Everything else looked good. We were a little concerned about her feet since Ed and I both had to wear a bar between our feet when we were toddlers because we were both pigeon toed. The doctor said that hers look good right now. There's still a lot of flexibility in there, but we should take care to make sure she doesn't sit with her legs under her because that could effect the way they turn. We also asked him about eggs and the flu shot. Ed, his dad and his grandmother all have egg sensitivities. We haven't been brave enough yet to feed her any. The doctor said to just go ahead and give her a scrambled egg and monitor her for any reaction. If she's okay, we should call to set up a time to bring her in to get the flu vaccine.

Speaking of shots, there were three yesterday. The first two were fine, but that third one was a doozy. I even heard it go in. Ouch. Her face got bright red, her whole body stiffened, she tried to yank her leg away and then she started wailing. Oy. She would not stop until we got her out of the examining room and she finally felt like she was safe again. Then we got the paperwork to take her to get blood drawn for the lead test. That should be fun. I think my mom and I are going to take her on Friday after I get off of work.

I have my annual teacher's open house at work today, so that should be another joyous experience. Work is not fun this time of year. As much as I don't want another fall baby, at least my maternity leave last time was my get-out-of-jail-free card for October and November craziness at work. Perhaps I should reconsider the preferred timing of baby two. Not that we thinking anytime soon. But, eventually. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh... getting blood tests done with babies and young kids just sucks, period. :(

Glad to hear she is happy and healthy! :)

Simon and I are very sorry we didn't make it to her party on Saturday. I was trying to figure out a way to come and not bring Ben, because he would have been hard to entertain... but we just had a bad, bad BAD family day that day and I couldn't bail on Tom like that.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that she is big and healthy.

I have actually never had to get Logan's blood drawn.

Glad to see that her birthday party went well.

Bitter Mom said...

Getting the kid's blood drawn SUCKS. I was not strong enough (mentally, I think) to hold down Jordan's arm, so we had two people on her...Me holding her in my lap, the woman taking the blood, and another woman holding her arms. UGH! Not fun!! I wish you luck!!