Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sickie-Poo Baby

Poor Abby is not feeling good today at all. She sounded a bit congested last night and this morning, but apparently it got worse while she was at daycare. By the time I picked her up, her poor little nose was running like a faucet. She felt warm too, so I took her temperature and it was a little high. She didn't want to take a nap when she got home, so I just tried to keep her occupied so she would forget that she didn't feel well.

One thing's for sure, being sick doesn't diminish her appetite. She still had a full dinner (a handful of Cheerios, a whole level 3 dinner and half a jar of carrot dices) plus 4 ounces of a bottle before she went down for the night. I made the mistake of trying to clear out her nose with the bulb before I put her down and she cried like I was killing her. Oy. I finally got her calmed down enough to put her in the crib, which just got her started again. I cuddled her a little more and then put her down for good. She cried for a couple of minutes, but then went down. I can tell she's still congested, but at least she's sleeping. She's at Ed's mom's tomorrow and my mom's on Friday, so at least she'll get plenty of love and attention while she doesn't feel well.

Hopefully it will be a quick thing because we're supposed to go to a birthday party on Saturday. It's for our friends' 4-year-old son. I always look forward to their parties because, much like mine, the food is always good. ;) I'll have to remember to take a blanket for Abby and I to hang out on, since it's probably going to be outside (if the weather cooperates) and she won't stand for just being held by us the whole time. She doesn't walk yet and she is very much opposed to being in the grass, so a blanket it is! Their backyard is pretty big, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I guess I'll e-mail Deb just in case.

Sunday is our get-together, mini-shower for Becky, but with her now being on bedrest, who knows what is going to happen with that. Hopefully her hospital appointment on Friday will go well, so we can still have it (at her house). I'm sick of looking at the huge baby bag of boy clothes that's been sitting in my room for over a week now. It was kind of novel to shop for boy stuff, but girl clothes are still much more fun! Anyway, happy thoughts for my sister please! Let the boys cook for just a little longer and let her be able to stay home until they're ready to join the world!

No comments: