Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 18, 2008

More Baby Talk

Sorry, still no pictures, but Scott has been just a little distracted. The babies are doing about the same. Ryan is still strong and may be out of NICU in a couple days. Isaac spent most of the day in a "baby house" to help keep him warm and to minimize any outside stimulation. He just needs to chill right now. The x-ray they did of him this morning was looking better than yesterday's, so that very good news. They should keep getting better every day.

Becky actually did get to go up to see them last night. Apparently the night nurse was more accommodating than the earlier one. She's seen them on and off all day today and actually got to nurse Ryan and hold Isaac. She's still trying to wrap her head around the fact that both babies are hers. Physically, she's in a lot of pain from the c-section. She's mad at me for telling her that the c-section wasn't that bad. I never said it was a day at the park, but I really didn't think it was too horrible. But they did have to pull two babies out of her, so that can't help matters too much.

Since I was actually off today, I was able to go visit again. I didn't see the babies because Scott was home with Claire and it's not that easy for Becky to get up to NICU. In order to see a baby in NICU, one of the parents has to accompany you. The grandparents are allowed up by themselves, but they can't bring anybody else with them. It's all good, I know I'll be seeing them plenty at home before we know it. :)

Becky is scheduled to come home on Saturday. Not sure about the boys yet, but we'll all keep our fingers crossed that they'll both be able to come home soon.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It's great that the boys are progressing well. Here's to a speedy recovery for Becky and homecoming for the boys.