Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Working Weekends Sucks

With apologies to any of my wonderful co-workers who may be reading this who have to work a heck of a lot more weekends than I do. But, you have to admit, it does suck. I would much rather be at home with my family since Ed typically doesn't work weekends. Plus, now softball season is in full swing, which screws up my Sundays. Blah.

Besides working, I also ran to the grocery store on my way home, brought in and put away all the groceries, played with Abby, fed Abby, gave Abby a bath, and made dinner. What was Ed doing all this time? He was actually very productive today as well (despite the fact that Abby was having a nap-strike today). He mowed the lawn and did the initial set-up for his vegetable garden. That was actually a lot of work...he totally redid the whole shape of the garden, used landscaping bricks to outline it and then built it up so that he can get a garden fence to go high enough to keep the bunnies out of his beans. It took him a couple hours to finish it, but it looks really nice. Now he just has to plant everything. I think he's doing beans, kale (gag) and tomatoes. He has a pretty good green thumb. I, on the other hand, kill all plants that I come into contact with. At least I hate yard work anyway. ;)

Tomorrow Abby and I are going to go to softball with Ed. Hopefully the weather will cooperate better this week. It's supposed to be in the mid-to-upper 60's and cloudy...but no rain until the evening. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way. :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

"keep the bunnies out of his beans" ... that sounds vaguely dirty... ;)

Anonymous said...

what's with the kale?

Erin said...

yeah, how about some nice bell peppers or something? ;) Squash, even. But kale?

Mandy said...

he likes kale. so does his mom. i don't get it either. yuck.

we both hate peppers. and he's tried to grow squash for me in the past, but it never takes very well. :(