Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

This being the first day of Ed's softball season, I thought I would be a good wife and go watch him. We were going to take the baby too, but the weather forecast wasn't looking too good. We dropped her off at Ed's parents' house instead. I should have just stayed there with her, but off to the game I went. It was a little chillier than I had anticipated, so I was already a little uncomfortable in the jeans and short-sleeved shirt I was wearing. Then, just before the first game started (yup, they're always double-headers), it started to drizzle. Then the thunder and lightening started. They decided to play anyway, so I tried my best to ignore the rain. About twenty minutes into it, the skies opened up and it started to pour. I gathered up my stuff and made a beeline for the car. Soaked and freezing, I decided I'd had enough of the outdoors for one day and enjoyed the rest of the games from the front seat. Good times, I tell ya!

In other news, Abby has mastered the art of rolling from her tummy to her back. At least, she's mastered it while in her crib. As in, if we put her down and she decides she's not quite ready for a nap, she'll roll onto her back to play with her feet for awhile. She'll usually start to fuss not long after that, so we have to turn her over to her tummy so she'll go to sleep. She rolls onto her tummy on the floor all the time, but won't do that in her crib. Strange child. She'll also roll onto her back once she's done sleeping and we're taking to long to rescue her from the crib. She's so proud of herself when we go in and exclaim over what she did. Too funny. Next time I change her sheets, we'll be moving the matress down a level or two.

1 comment:

Bitter Mom said...

Anytime you're stuck - or just need a break from softball - you're more than welcome to come hang out with us! We're not too far away! (If he's still playing at the same fields, that is!)