Yummy Dinner/Crappy Roads
I braved the icky, icy roads tonight to go out to dinner with all the managers from work. It was our Christmas present from our store manager. We went to the Original Steakhouse and it was yummy! It felt so weird to go out to dinner...I can barely remember the last time that happened. Carrie and I shared a crab dip and I got a steak. I don't even want to know what the bill was, but our boss told us to get whatever we wanted. He's pretty cool when he wants to be. ;)
I had to leave a little early though to get home to take over baby duties from Ed. He has to get up at 3am for work. :( Hopefully the roads will be a little better by then. At least there shouldn't be much traffic. It took him over an hour and a half to make the 40 minute trip home from the office today. Not fun for him and not fun for me as I was waiting for him. At least I wasn't late for dinner...I was one of the first three there (which just goes to show how late some of the other managers were).
Thursday is Valentine's Day, which is usually special for Ed and me since he proposed to me on Valentine's Day. This year, with the baby and with our budget being a little tighter, we're probably just going to get carryout from someplace decent instead of going out. That's fine with me...just as long as I don't have to cook. ;) I'm so sick of cooking...I even cooked dinner today, despite the fact that I was going out. I did a beef stew in the crockpot for Ed because I hadn't made it for him yet this season, and I felt bad going out for a good dinner without him. He was very grateful for it though and had two huge bowls, so it was worth it. :) I'll probably still make a special dessert for Valentine's Day...but that's just as much for me as it is for Ed. I have a Pampered Chef torte pan that I keep meaning to try out. I'm thinking something along the lines of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. Chocolate...yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment