A New Record!
Today during my break I managed to pump 9...count 'em...9 ounces! I was quite proud! And I even had time to run to the hotdog place to get lunch and to eat it in the breakroom with actual human company. Carrie and I wanted to get Chili's for lunch, but they left us on hold forever and after about 15 minutes, there was no way our food would have been done in time for lunch. Stupid dumb Chili's!
Other than that, today was actually pretty good at work. Our head cashier called out, so I got to do the deposit. I used to do that all the time, but then it was decided that I should be given that time to do my actual job, so it's been awhile. I always enjoyed counting the money though. It's the little things in life. It took forever to do because, being so close to Christmas, the deposit was pretty big. Then Kathy stopped by to see me fresh from getting her haircut at the Spa on the Avenue. She's a brave woman coming to the Avenue the Saturday before Christmas for anything but shopping! After that I had to enter all the information from the new Member cards sold the past couple days into the computer...that took a couple of hours. So by the time all was said and done, I only had to be line manager for less than an hour! Score!
Yesterday, however, sucked. I was stuck up front almost the whole day. Our district manager spent the day in the store, so our manager (whom I usually love) made me stay up there to appease her. Blah. My back was killing me by the time I went home, so that sucked. But I feel better now. Hopefully I don't have too many shifts up front tomorrow.
In babyland, we gave Abby a bath tonight. The first time we ever did that, it was horrible. She screamed through the whole thing. It's still not her favorite thing, but at least she resigns herself to it now. I'm sure she'll start to like it soon enough. I usually turn the oven on to warm up the kitchen for her, but I forgot tonight. Maybe that's why she wasn't thrilled about it. :( It couldn't have been too bad though because I didn't see any shivers. It's so sad when she does that, but just too cute for words at the same time.
Okay, I really have to finish wrapping gifts. My mom gave me some more Christmas bags yesterday, so now I can finish. Actual wrapped gifts from me are rare this year. Tomorrow I have to spend all evening making Oreo Balls, which is what I give my fellow managers at the store as Christmas gifts. Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like some Oreo Balls! Yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Those Oreo balls are quite the hit with my neighborhood cookie exchange girls too... I will never be allowed to branch out because that's ALL they ever want me to make now. And I always eat WAY too many of them. Btw, do you happen to know if they need to be refrigerated?
if i don't need them for a day or two, i'll put them in the fridge since they're made with cream cheese. but they taste much better at room temperature, so i take them out at least an hour ahead of time and leave them out for a long time if people are eating them. they've never made anyone sick (as far as i know).
anyone want to post the recipe? sounds yummy! although i have to say that oreo's cost the moon over here! you have to go to selfridge's and they are around $12-15 =) but i love oreo's and could use the excuse to but them once in awhile you know?!
Janelle...they're easy! Just crumb a bag of Oreos in a food processor (or blender), mix with an 8oz block of cream cheese, mold into balls and dip in either milk or white chocolate. Yum!
thanks, they do sounds grand!!
Post a Comment