Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2-Month Checkup

Wow...so not fun. Especially by myself since Ed had an owner's presentation to do this morning. She was actually doing fine for most of it. She's now 12 pounds on the nose and 23 1/2 inches long (75th and 80th percentiles). Apparently she didn't inherit my big head, because her head circumference was only in the 25th percentile. Go figure. She was good as gold for most of the examination until he brought out the needles. Extreme crying ensues. At least she fell right to sleep in the car, but she starting fussing up a storm about an hour ago. I'm pretty sure she's in a little pain (and her temperature is a little up), so I gave her a dose of baby Tylenol. I actually got her to fall asleep and she let me put her in the crib, but I can still hear her little moans over the monitor. So sad. :(

I forgot to mention one of the easier rites of passage we went through on Sunday. We had to attend the "Christening Class" at our church. The godparents were supposed to attend too, but Becky couldn't get out of work. We were so worried that it would be a problem, but the deacon running the class was like, "No big deal...at least the godfather is here." Alrighty then. Ed asked how long the class was going to be and he said, "Oh, about 15 to 20 minutes. Most of the stuff we'll go over the day of anyway." Sure enough, a half hour later we were home. That was awesome. When Becky had Claire baptised, she and Scott had to go to two 2-hour classes. We got off way too easy. The christening is on January 20th at 1...invitations will be sent out sometime this week. As will my Christmas cards (just waiting to get to the store to get Christmas stamps).

On a sadder note, tomorrow is my last day of leave (although this past week has officially been vacation). I just want to cry thinking about it. And I get to spend the day waiting around the house for a repairman to show up. Our dishwasher hasn't been working for about 2 1/2 weeks and tomorrow was the earliest appointment we could get. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty on it. It's definitely an electrical problem, so it wasn't anything Ed could try to fix. I just can't wait to have the darned thing working again!

Off to attempt to wrap some gifts before the baby wakes up. Needless to say, I'm using a lot more gift bags than usual. Whatever works.

5 comments:

nelly said...

i so understand! i had the same 'good' times with noah after his 3 month shots. all afternoon i couldn't put him down what so ever! it was terrible.
i also found that after the shoots i would usually sit in the waiting room or in a private room and BF him and all was good!

Brooke said...

What time were you at the doctor's? I went yesterday as well around 3. We've been seeing a lot of Dr. Mike lately with them tracking Carter's spleen problem!

Mandy said...

Janelle--If she had fussed, I would have gone to the Babies R Us next door and fed her in the mother's room there. That's the one sure fire way to calm her down. But once we got in the car, she was out. Thank goodness.

Brooke--Our appointment was at 10. Our next one is February 12 at 9:30.

Mandy said...

Oh, Brooke...while I was in the waiting room, one of the creepy storytime mothers came in. The really annoying bushy-haired blond lady. I managed to avoid eye contact.

Brooke said...

Ugh! Don't you hate it when worlds collide? I saw someone at my doctors office I think that hung out at the bookstore before. One of the annoying ones that come in everyday and just sit. Blah.