A Moment Alone
The hubby is on a late-night sales call in Virginia and the baby is asleep in her travel swing, so I actually have a moment to myself. It seems like lately all I've been doing is holding the baby. Not that I'm complaining because that's one of my favorite things to do, but she's been sleeping a lot all week and hasn't been letting me put her down much. A couple nights ago I just gave up and brought her into bed with us. I'll do that in the mornings sometimes once Ed's up, but I don't like to do it when we're both sleeping. But I was desperate for some sleep and I had tried to put her in the bassinet three times without success. She slept for almost six hours that way, so it was well worth it.
Tomorrow my mom gets her turn babysitting in the morning because I have to go get my emissions test done. How unfair is it that I had to go twice already this year (because my Taurus failed the first time) and then my new car needs the test less than six months after I got it? It sucks, I tell you! But I figure I'll try to finish up as much Christmas shopping as possible while I'm out (since I finally have my secret santa name). I don't have much left to get, so yay for me. :) I just have to be back at my mom's by noon because she's getting her new furniture for her family room delivered between noon and 4. I'm staying until it gets there so I can be the first to see it (in the house anyway, Becky went with her to pick it out). :)
I'm off to hunt for the list of Christmas presents we still have to buy. My husband's so organized it's almost sick...which is good because I've never been organized in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
...and the daycare situation?!?!
Who'd you get in the secret santa? Who'd you get?
Who'd you get?
:)
Was going to post the same thing, Val. Daycare? News?
Post a Comment