Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Want My Bed

So it's 6:00 in the morning and I've been awake for about 2 hours now with the baby. We threw off her schedule last night by taking her on a car ride (which almost always knocks her out) during her usual night awake time. So when she woke up at 4 to eat, she thought it was her morning awake time and wouldn't go back to sleep. Blah. I can't complain too much though, since that was the first time she woke up since I put her down at 12:00. It still doesn't change the fact that I would like to be sleeping right now. She's asleep at the moment though...I put her in the travel swing that we have up here and she passed out. I might try to get a little sleep on the futon unless I'm feeling brave enough to try to take her back downstairs.

We went to the mall with our friends Claire, Jordan and Paige today. It was nice to get out with our friends...although trying to be somewhere on time with an infant is definitely tricky. Particularly when the infant is breastfed on demand, so she's not used to eating on a schedule. Of course, she decided to be Princess Fussypants as soon as I took her out of the car. I got her to fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as I put her down again, it was back to the fussing. Then she decided she was starving. I had a bottle of breastmilk with me, but she's still not very good at taking the bottle. She got down an ounce, then acted like she was done. I put her back into her carseat, and then she starting fussing and acting hungry again. So, we went home.

We really have to try to get her used to the bottle soon. As much as it kills me, I'm going to have to go back to work much sooner than I would like. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to take her with me to feed her whenever she's hungry. :( I've been trying to be much more consistent about the pumping. I've manged to get about 5 4-oz bags of milk frozen and I always have one or two bottles in the fridge ready to go. We try to give her one bottle a day so she gets the hang of it, but it's always a battle. The other night, Ed got her to take the whole 3oz that were in there, but it's definitely slow going. Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon to make the transition a little easier.

Speaking of which, I still haven't found daycare. The biggest problem is that the best time to call around is during the day when I'm alone with her. Usually as soon as I try to get something like that done, she starts to fuss. I have to find someplace that can take her 3 days a week with some flexibility and that won't cost us an arm and a leg. Wishful thinking, I know. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm desperate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's "childfind" on the internet. You can find in-home daycares in your area. In-home daycare will be cheaper than a center. The downfall is if your childcare provider is sick or needs to take a vacation day, you may end up taking a day off too. In the summer, just call me though. I'll be glad to do it!!

Anonymous said...

sorry - it's not child find... it's under the public library website under "Your Community"

Erin said...

I asked my neighbor because she just did all the home daycare research several months ago... but she was at a loss. Have you gotten any leads yet? I sooo wish *I* could take her for you! But two babies in the house all week would be nuts... :(