Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

I Actually Accomplished Something!

Today Abby and I got over half of our Christmas shopping done in one shot! Woohoo! Gotta love Target. I had a $250 gift card from a Pampered Chef incentive last year...plus a $25 one I got as a gift...so that more than covered the shopping I did today. I got a crapload of toys and a cheapie present for my sister (per our choice...we're concentrating on gifts for the girls this year...we're doing the same thing with Ed's sister). Of course, now I have a living room full of stuff that needs to be wrapped. Blah.

In other news, since I'm such a gluton for punishment, I've decided to do Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. Ed's family wasn't going to have dinner since his mom has to work and his sister will be in South Carolina. We were supposed to go over my Aunt Wanda's house for dinner, but Joe (her significant other) broke his hip on Saturday, so dinner is most definitely off. It broke my heart to not have Thanksgiving, especially since it's Abby's first, so my house it is. It will my us, my mom, hopefully Becky and family, and Ed's parents and grandmother. Unfortunately, I had already decided to do it around 4ish so I could work around the baby...not thinking that Becky's husband has a family dinner too. Hopefully they'll be able to make it here for at least a little while. Becky is planning on coming over to help me because she's awesome like that, so we'll still get to see her. :)

So, I guess that means we're grocery shopping tomorrow. Woohoo! Ed should be able to go with us, which will make things much easier. He was gone all day today (left at 6am and won't be home until 7ish), but the rest of the week should be easy for him. That's good for me since he'll be able to help me get things together for Thursday, but bad since he won't be making much money this week. This sales thing is a tough gig, but it will get a lot better once he reaches his one-year mark and starts to get commission on the business he wrote last year.

Oh...my Abby-doo will be six weeks old tomorrow. If I had given birth vaginally, I would be expected to go back to work already. So not cool...there is no way I would have been mentally ready yet. I doubt I'll be ready in three weeks when I definitely have to go back, but unfortunately we have no choice. :( Still don't have daycare, but I noticed a new sign in front of a house I pass by on my way to work everyday. I'll have to drive past again and get the number off of it to see if they have an infant spot open. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one since it would be very convenient. So much to worry about...so little time.

2 comments:

nelly said...

all the best with your thanksgiving dinner! i am hosting one too but on saturday. as obviously it not a day off for people around here, saturday just makes it easier for everybody!!

Anonymous said...

good luck with turkey day! I am jeaous your shopping is almost finished!!! :P

You are making me nervous with this daycare thing!!! Yet, you sound so laid back about it... I wish I had some of your type b'ness... ;)