Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sorry I'm a Blog Slacker

This is the first time I've been able to get on the computer at all in three days...much less have a few minutes to update. But the baby is downstairs with Ed sleeping happily in her swing, so here I am. Woohoo!

It's been life with a baby here...nothing too exciting. I feel like I'm nursing her 24/7, but I know it's not quite that bad. She is hungry an awful lot though...and she has some problems with gas. I don't know what I could be eating to upset her tummy, but there are some days when it's just awful. I think that salad is now off limits to me, both times I've eaten some she's been really fussy. And a little dairy seems to be fine...just not too much. Most veggies are a no-go now too, but I'm not a big broccoli-cauliflower person anyway, so that doesn't bother me. I just feel so horrible when it's bad and she's obviously struggling. There's not much you can do besides give her some gas drops and hope they help. I'll just pray she grows out of it.

Nights have been okay. Some are great and some not so much. Last night was a good one. Ed and I were catching up on some of our shows until late last night. I fed her while we were down there around 11:30 and she slept until 3, ate, and went back down until 5:30, ate again, and when right back down until 8:30. That I can deal with. It's the nights where she won't go back down for a couple of hours that suck. At least this is just a temporary stage too.

She had her two-week check-up on Tuesday. She up at 8 lbs 6 oz...that's a full pound gain since her last appointment. She's also up to 21 1/2 inches. She's getting big so fast...it's crazy! She wasn't a happy camper at the doctor's though. It was chilly in the office and as soon as the doctor had Ed put her down on the table, she had a fit. Then she decided that she was starving, which did nothing to calm the crying...and neither did the heel prick she had to endure at the end. Not fun at all. We wanted to stop by BRU while we were there, so Ed parked in the back of the parking lot and I fed her in the back of the car. She went right to sleep after that and we were able to get our errands done, so it wasn't all bad.

Yesterday was an interesting day. It was my mom's birthday and we had planned to go in town to see my grandmothers with her so we could show off Abby. My mom called around 10 to tell us that all the crazy rain we had Friday night totally flooded her basement. The whole basement..all three rooms. It wasn't pretty at all. Apparently her sump pump died during the night. What timing. She had to get a plumber in to replace it. Then my BIL rented a huge wet-dry vac and went to work to get some of the water out. Ed and I came over in the afternoon and Ed helped with the moving of stuff and vacuuming. We were there until 8ish, I think. At least my mom got to spend most of the day with her two granddaughters, so that helped to make the day a little happier for her. Not a fun birthday overall though.

I think that's a pretty good idea of my life at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to post again a little sooner next time! :)

3 comments:

Bitter Mom said...

BRU has the mother's room where you could nurse...so you don't have to do so in the car...

Sorry your mom's birthday was so wet. I have to go send her my love...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and at the mall, if you go into the family bathroom, there is a semi-enclosed area with a bench as well. Just FYI in case you do some shopping there. And don't worry about not posting! It's tough when the puter is upstairs and you spend all day downstairs. I luckily had the laptop so I just took it wherever I went.

I'm finally better now, so hopefully I can get over to your house to meet Abby!

Mandy said...

I thought I remembered seeing a "Mother's Room" at BRU, but she was having such a fit, I didn't want to take chances!

Good to know about the mall too. Thanks! :)