Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Oops...

I think I took a couple of years off of my poor husband's life tonight. He had to umpire the late games, so after he left I decided to call my mom to see if she wanted to go get dinner. After we ate, we went back to her house and I installed her new DSL modem for her. She was still having some problems with downloading things, so I was trying to figure it out. Next thing you know, it's almost 11. I was worried that Ed might have been trying to get a hold of me, but there were no new calls on my cell phone.

When I got home, he still wasn't here, but there was a panicky message from him to the tune of "Where are you? Are you in labor? Is everything alright?" I called him back right away and he said that he had tried to call about six times and was doing about 95mph all the way home with visions of me on the floor having a baby by myself. I asked why he hadn't called my cell phone and he said he figured it was dead like it usually is. That's an oops on both of us. It's nice to feel loved and worried about though. I just hope he recovers from the near-coronary.

4 comments:

Bitter Mom said...

Don used to get that way! He'd call the house...then call my cell...then the house again. All the while, I'm just taking a shower!

When you're this far along, though, you need to have a phone next to you at all times, for the husband's sake. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww...so sweet!

Erin said...

Sheesh!! Nice! ;)

Toward the end, whenever I'd call Tom at work, he'd always come to the phone all out of breath and say, "What is it?!?!?! Are you okay?!?!?" HAHAHA... I started calling just to annoy him...

Sarah said...

That is sweet to have someone care that much. With Dan, everytime I called he would ask "what's wrong" "are you ok". And when I wasn't he left work immediately even when I told him not to.