Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

One good thing about breastfeeding constantly is that I'm definitely burning the calories. As of this morning, I'm down 21 pounds from last Tuesday morning. That would put me at my lowest weight in about 5 1/2 years or so. I know it's probably not the healthiest thing to be losing weight so quickly, but I really can't help it. For one thing, I'm definitely not eating enough. I sleep through breakfast and then usually don't have time to eat much of a lunch. Especially now that Ed's been gone during the day. He's usually the one who makes sure that I eat. We do have dinner every night...thank goodness I planned ahead for that one...and I snack a little throughout the day. Not that I'm complaining, mind you...I just need to stay healthy since I'm nursing.

Last night was stressful...Ed was gone until about 1 am. He had a group presentation at 10 pm just outside of D.C. Another metro place, so he got the night shift. It was worth it...he had a really good day. It's just stressful being alone that late after being alone for most of the day with the baby who never stops nursing. He has to make us money though, so I'll deal. And I keep crying for no reason...darned hormones. It's starting to get old. I wouldn't even mind so much if it was when I was alone, but it always seems to be when Ed's home and then it just makes him more worried about me. I don't want to worry him, but once the tears start they're hard to turn off. Hopefully this stage will pass quickly.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Girl, I STILL cry for seemingly no reason once in awhile... let loose the other night at 3a.m. (okay, well that WAS a good reason... no sleep sucks) and couldn't stop. I know you know it's normal, but thought I'd let you know you are certainly not alone!

Yay for Ed making $$. Yay for speedy weightloss! :) I'll bring you a yummy, fattening dinner soon. ;)

Bitter Mom said...

Yeah, the crying is still going on for me, too, but definitely MUCH less than it was for the first few weeks post-partum. Don would run to the store to pick up lunch meat so we could eat something, and I would bawl my eyes out that he "left us".

I took some stuff out to make for you...not just dinner, but some other stuff, too...hopefully I can get it done tonight, otherwise in the AM!

Oh, do you guys do mixed veggies (like if I mix it into the casserole) - peas, carrots and corn?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanted to tell you...Aflac apparently was at a career fair here yesterday and they left their HUGE duck! He's currently sitting in Phil's office just staring at us all! Apparently these ducks get stolen everywhere they go and they cost like $150 so we have him locked away. So funny!

But onto YOU! The crying is normal. I had it in the beginning and then if you recall, it all came back again when Chris went overseas. Yes, it does get better, but just another wonderful thing about being a girl! :/

nelly said...

i agree with brooke....its all about being a girl! though i definitely remember andy going to church on the sunday after micah was born and nursing was just not going well. andy got home and micah and i were both crying and no one was happy. but hey! it got better!!!

Mandy said...

Thanks everyone. It's always nice to know you're not alone!

Mandy said...

Oh, and Val, mixed veggies are fine. You (and Erin) rock! :)