Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm Done!!!

It's a little bittersweet because I'm going to miss (most of) my co-workers, but it's mostly just sweet! :) I called benefits today to make sure they got my fax with the note the other day. They did and said they're sending me a packet in the mail with information on how to enroll the baby and something my doctor needs to fill out and return. Hopefully they're not questioning my leaving early. But I always have the blood pressure thing to blame it on. They also needed me to fax a new note once they figured out I was working today since the orignial note said I was done starting today. The new note was done by the one of the office staff, not the doctor, and blamed it on my blood pressure and not just "due to pregnancy" (which is what the last note said). Whatever works.

Now I'm just running through everything in my head to make sure I didn't forget anything. Everyone was much sadder than me about this being my last day, but I assured them that they'll be seeing plenty of me. Plus, I left directions to my house for anyone who wants to come and visit us, so it's all good. I was glad I got to finally see my manager today (it's been three weeks...I was on vacation, then he was at the manager's conference in Florida, then he was on vacation last week). I got to go over things with him and was assured that I must come back as soon as possible. He also promised that he would try to keep calls to me about work stuff to a minimum. I'll believe that one when I see it. ;)

Now that I'm officially on leave, Ed wants me to try to get my insurance license before the baby is born. Yup, you read me right. Apparently his office is swamped with paperwork and other things that nobody has time to do. If I get the license, I can do a lot of it at home and take the baby to the office with me to do the rest. His boss would pay me in premiums, so it would be some extra money for us. Of course, the class I have to take is only available on Mondays...since today was out, I can't go into labor until after next Monday. Well, actually, until after I get a little studying in and pass the exam. Then she can come.

Oh wait, according to my girls (Kathy, Val and Meg), I can't have her until the 15th...that fits best into everyone's schedule. Except for my MIL, who wants her to come the weekend of the 13th because that's her weekend off. I say, she'll come when she comes and hopefully everyone can be there. I'm lucky to have friends who want to be there though, so I'm a very happy girl. I now have several volunteers to be the third person in the room while I'm pushing. I think Becky may have reconsidered not wanting to be there...she just doesn't want to have to look at my hooha. I say, who does? Certainly not me!

Now I'm off to go rest a little before our breastfeeding class tonight. I know, I know...you're totally jealous!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am actually jealous that you are going to the class because I didn't get to go to the class before I had to start breastfeeding. Good, luck and I think that you are going to go early.

Bitter Mom said...

Are you in labor yet?

Anonymous said...

I am still undecided. I am NOT holding any legs.

Bitter Mom said...

I offered to hold a leg...but I'm not looking at anything coming out of anywhere.

Mandy, are you in labor yet?

nelly said...

yeah for maternity leave and extra income! that's always good and reassuring!
hope the baby comes soon for you...nothing like the last weeks when you are just waiting and waiting and wondering about every little twinge!!