Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Waiting to Go to Work

Ed and I are supposed to leave at the same time today, but he's holding me up as usual. I need to walk out the door in six minutes, but he's still in the shower and his car is blocking mine in the driveway. We agreed that we'd park my car in the driveway every night, but sometimes it's rather inconvenient (like now). He had better get a move on...that's all I'm saying.

Other than that things are same old around here. Gearing up for my big party Friday night at work. It will be crazy, but fun. My big, pregnant butt will be sitting behind a table all night giving out wristbands. I told my boss a long time ago that I couldn't be running around like a crazy woman and he agreed. Yay for sympathetic bosses! :) Then Saturday my mom is taking me to Atlantic City. I'm just going to lay around the hotel room all day, reading my book. But I guess it will be nice to be away, however briefly.

Sunday was Kaylee's baptism (Ed's niece). No offense to those of you who aren't Catholic, but non-Catholic services always seem so strange to me. This one was no exception. I guess it's all about what you're used to, but I just don't get the same feeling that I do from a Catholic mass. I'm not the most devout Catholic, but I do like my faith.

I think I finally hear Ed...gotta go to work. :*(

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only two more pictures on your ticker!!! It's getting close!

Mandy said...

Oh yeah...I didn't even notice!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree... no offense to the non-Catholic people, but it's just not the same. I'm glad it's not just me that feels that way.

and holy crud... if you've only got 2 more tickers, then I do too!! My how time flies!! We better get painting!!

Erin said...

If you had been to Ben's, the Episcopal service would probably have floated your boat... it was word-for-word what the Catholic service is,(which I know from watching The Godfather.. heh) And there were stained glass windows and candles and holy water and an organ and a priest with robes and a collar. ;)

This time we're getting the kiddo baptized in our Presbyterian church, but the service is also very similar and has much of the same pomp and circumstance... I do like the formality and the officialness (is that a word?) of it all. What I don't get are those generic "baby dedications" like the ones they used to do at my old church.

Bitter Mom said...

I think the last one I went to was a Baptist service - it was also a full Sunday mass thing, too. I found all of it strange, but particularly the service, since I've only ever been to Catholic services before then. I find baptisms in general a little odd though. ;-) What was the service you went to?

Mandy said...

It was Methodist. My SIL swears that the services aren't normally like the one we went to. The baptism was just part of the regular service...but apparently they have a weird "folky" kind of service once a month, which was the one we were at. And the baptism part was much more involved than the Catholic one too. Ed was the godfather and had to take up a hymnal to follow along so he knew what to say when. Strange.

Erin said...

Am I the only one who thought, "Why doesn't she just take his keys and move the car herself?"

Just checking. ;)

Erin said...

Oh, and I have another Catholic question... the baptism isn't part of the service? At the Episcopal church (which is my closest comparison) they have a regular service which includes the sacrament of baptism... (it's all in their little prayer book thingie)...
Our Presbyterian one will be the same way....
Anyway, so now I'm just curious...

Mandy said...

Erin:

1. I don't drive his car...it's too big and I'm too scared to drive it. Especially on my extremely narrow street.

2. It can be part of the service, but for the most part it's a seperate ceremony. Usually with several babies being christened at once.