Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm Normal!

Finally got my results from the glucose tolerance test and believe it or not, it came back normal! Hooray! That was one of the things that I was most worried about. Now I'm just worried about my blood pressure and actually having to give birth. I'm trying not to thing too much about that though. ;)

I guess I'll have to start thinking about it since I should start looking into signing up for a class or two soon. What classes did you all take and were they helpful? I'm thinking of the hospital tour/childbirth one and the breastfeeding one. Any helpful advice? How soon before my due date should we take them? My inquiring mind wants to know.

8 comments:

Bitter Mom said...

You might want to start looking into (and booking) the classes now. I think when I called there was almost a month between when I called and when there was an opening. I think I was around 34 or 36 weeks when I was actually in the class.

I don't know about the breastfeeding, but definitely take the childbirth/tour one. It'll scare the crap out of you, but at least you'll know what you're in for.

Bitter Mom said...

p.s. I was one of the furthest along in the childbirth class.

Erin said...

7 months is th earliest they let you take the childbirth /tour class... if that helps at all. :)

Anonymous said...

I took the childbirth/tour and breastfeeding. They were both somewhat helpful (at least you got a little perspective) and the tour was good. It helped when you were actually IN labor to know where to go and what to expect. Try registering ASAP to get a time/date that you want.

And don't let the 70's movies in the childbirth class freak you out. I found them comical!

Anonymous said...

I also may have a video that we bought since we were slackers and never signed up for the class. I can't remember if I loaned it to my cousin or not. But if I can get my hands on it, I'll drop it off to you. But, definitely take the tour as soon as they let you. I didn't do a breastfeeding class, but maybe it would have helped. You will get some instruction in the hospital either way. They always schedule a lactation instructor to visit you and they are pretty much there whenever you need them.

Anonymous said...

Where are you having her? I did both the GBMC tour as well as St. Joe's since I wasn't sure which hospital I would end up at.

Mandy said...

I'm having her at GBMC. I looked at the class schedule yesterday and e-mailed it to Ed. I'm just waiting for him to have time to look at it.

Anonymous said...

Since Mandy thinks I wussed out...

Since when were you EVER considered normal??? (I know the rest of you were thinking that when reading this post)