Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 08, 2007

Registering is Fun!

Had a lovely day at the BRU with Becky, Claire, my mom and Ed. Despite the fact that Becky and Claire are giving us a lot of their stuff, my registry still wound up being pretty darned big. It was fun to pick out baby stuff...and then come home and switch out some of the things I had originally registered for. If the reviews were 99% horrible, it's probably a good idea to avoid the product. But I think I have it finalized now. Yay! :) Ed was exceptionally easy to get along with (unlike when we were registering for the wedding). He just let me get what I wanted...gotta like that. And my mom bought us our crib (which is currently being stored at her house until we paint the nursery). So all-in-all a good day.

After we finished at BRU Ed and I had lunch then went to my mom's house so we could drop off the crib and so Ed could do some furniture moving that my mom wanted done. She has my younger cousins' old crib in her family room for Claire and Abby and wanted it against a wall. So Ed had to move her couch, love seat and chairs to accommodate that request. Then he talked to her about an insurance plan that she wants (long-term care...so she doesn't spend our inheritance on her care in case she ever winds up in a nursing home...she's very concerned about that). I had fun playing with Claire, who my mom was babysitting. Then we finally went home (after a quick stop at Rita's) and I've been resting ever since.

The rest of the weekend isn't shaping up to be much more relaxing than today was. Tomorrow we have to go to Delaware for Ed's cousin's graduation party and then Sunday Becky and I are taking mom out for her mother's day excursion. We're going to the Walter's and then for dinner at Flemings. Yum!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Holy CRAP that IS a huge registry! ;)

Erin said...

p.s. You SO do not need the bottle warmer. That thing is a piece of crap. I Ebayed mine after two weeks. Setting the bottle in a cup of warm water does the trick nicely... and if you are making formula, you can just USE warm water to start with. :)

Bitter Mom said...

No fair! I want to go to Flemings, too!!!

I agree with Erin - though I'm doing formula, I just do room temp water mixed with the powder. What the baby gets used to is the only thing that matters (i.e. room temp as opposed to warmed formula).

The few times I actually did the expressed milk thing, I did warm it up in the cup of hot water, and that worked fine enough.

Now I have to actually look at your registry, and start picking stuff out ...

Bitter Mom said...

More bottles...you need to register for more bottles. And add 4 oz. bottles. I think we got two 2 3-packs of 4 oz. bottles, and we go through all of them every day...but it keeps our sink free and clear of dishes!

Even if your BF, you'll probably still use them...

Erin said...

Ditto what Val said. We have 13-14 Avent bottles. A mix of the 4 oz and 9 oz... enough to get through the day and into the next morning while the dishwasher is running. :) Also, enough stage 1 nipples for ALL the bottles. I have made THREE trips out for more of those because it was driving me batty that I couldn't use all my bottles because the smallest nipples I had for most of the 9oz ones were stage 2.

Nipples. I like typing the world nipples. Nipples nipples nipples. I need more nipples!

Mandy said...

the bottle warmer came HIGHLY recommended by Becky who swears by it. I think it's more for the pumped breast milk than formula. She's also the one who told me not to register for too many bottles, but I think I'll add more. :)

Bitter Mom said...

Nipples are cool. I took Erin's advice and got more stage 1 nipples, and that has been one of the best pieces of advice. You can never have too many nipples. :)

Nipples, nipples, nipples.

Erin said...

Well, the advice is coming from us formula feeders, so take it with a grain of salt. ;) True dat, you probably don't need as many bottles.

My problem with the bottle warmer was that it always made the bottles WAY too hot. It was more trouble that it was worth trying to get them to the right temp... but maybe Becky knows a secret to it that I never figured out. :)