The Orioles Tried to Kill Me
The baseball game was really good tonight. We won 8-2! Woohoo! The only poopy part came in the 1st when Hernandez hit that 3-run homerun off of the foul pole. What you didn't see on television, was the the ball came within a foot of hitting me after it ricocheted off the pole. I didn't even see it coming. Luckily, it missed, but I told Ed I'm never sitting that close to the field again. I like the seats under the overhang where it's safe (and I don't get wet if it rains)!
Oh, and we had some really annoying Cleveland fans sitting directly behind us. The one girl kept talking about how she knew one of the Indians players. I'm fairly certain that she considers herself his best friend. If I had a completely different personality, I would have turned around and smacked her. That's how irritating I found her.
Other than that, it was a pleasant evening. Work was fine too. My event I was running in the morning was a bust, but I was expecting that. Carrie and I had fun, so it was all good. Except for my lunch. We ordered carryout from Red Brick. I asked for a Portabello Sandwich and told him to hold everything but the cheese. When I got the order back to the store, I bite into my sandwich to find nothing but cheese. Seriously. No mushroom. The old guy who took my order took it a little too literally. I had to call and walk back to get a replacement sandwich. That annoyed me, but at least it was a nice day for a walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I probably would've at least said something to the annoying fan!!! So, you're sitting in the outfield...I probably would've said "So, this guy's your best friend and the best seats he could get for you is way out here? Cal got me tickets right behind home plate 8 years ago - the night my husband proposed to me. Now THAT's a good friend! So, STFU!!"
T minus 3 hours or so until Snowball time.
Post a Comment