Hoppy Easter!
As is tradition with most holidays, Ed and I spent most of today running around. Can't wait to try it with a baby. At least I didn't wind up in the emergency room this time, so that's a bonus!
First we went to my mom's mom for about an hour. She had Polish sausage, so that was worth the trip. Then we went to my other grandma's for our first dinner of the day. Ate too much, but it was good. Then Ed and I (Becky and Scott had already bolted with Claire) tried to ignore my crazy uncle as he went on one of his tirades. When we couldn't take it anymore, we got the heck out of dodge and came home so I could take a quick (20 minute) nap. Then we went to Ed's parents' house for dinner number two. Again, good stuff. And we got to see both nieces today, so that was like a bonus. Now I'm tired (shocker, I know) and I'm dreading going to work tomorrow. If for no other reason, just because it's work and schools are out this week. Blah.
Yesterday was good too. We had Val's baby shower. Yay! It turned out very nice. It was mostly Meghan and Don's mom coordinating the thing from here and Florida. But somehow it all came together in the end. Val and Don got lots of stuff for the baby...just don't know where they're going to put it all. Good luck with that, Val! ;)
All-in-all, a good (yet extremely tiring) weekend. Now back to the grind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh fooey. :( I would have liked to have come to Val's shower! :( Cry cry cry....
I'm not sure where we're going to put everything, either. Amazingly though everything is actually piled up in the nursery and there's still room to walk, so I think once I can reach the dresser drawers I can put most of everything away!
Post a Comment